Monday 28 March 2011

As a teenager I'm pretty much useless (part one)

Being a teenager in this day and age can be terrifying not in the sense that we get beaten and dragged behind a horse if you don't complete your homework like in the good ole days. No, what I'm talking about here is technology. In my vast nineteen years I have found that the older generation (especially the golden oldies) have this odd concept that just because I am teenager I can work out any problem concerning anything to do with technology.

Let me give you an example:

Distant relative: "Chelsey! Oh good, maybe you can tell me how to change from normal TV
 to DVD option.
Me: "Umm...I can try?"
Distant relative: "Of course you will dear, now here is the DSTV remote and the TV remote and the DVD remote.

At this point in the story I should tell you that I'm deathly afraid of other peoples technology. For some reason I always think that if I push the wrong button something disastrous will happen like chocolate will become obsolete or less severe, the world blowing up. It doesn't help matters that the remote they give me looks a little something like this;


 
Fuck.
While prodding at random buttons and praying that something of importance will happen soon I will inevitably push the one button that will make the TV emit a high pitch cough and then suddenly turn off. Now this might not seem like a big deal but in my mind I had somehow broke it, like I had somehow found the correct number sequence for the TV to self construct.

What it looks like in my mind

In reality...It's just switched off
 I don't know if I'm the only one that suffers from this or if this problem is quite common.

1 comment: