Saturday 21 May 2011

My 'special' friend

I have a friend who is very special to me, in more ways than one. Her name is Natascha, we have been friends for thirteen years and in those thirteen years we have had many adventures from building huts, putting on shows, riding rusty bikes, building scarecrows, painting our feet and demolishing tiny brick houses.

There is a vlei opposite her house with an enormous field and giant reeds and seriously disgusting dirty water in which we canoed in. I think we got a couple of unknown diseases from that experience.



We love to bake but just not together...

For some reason something will always go wrong. This is not an exaggeration, either the egg whites won't go stiff (immature giggle) or the oven won't heat up, the cake mixture will separate, biscuit dough won't have the correct texture or we will just read the recipe wrong. So now we have a rule, it is pretty simple, each of us gets one half of the kitchen and we bake two separate things.



We get some pretty stupid ideas like making up an interpretive dance for a house...I don't even know what that means anymore I just know we did it. Trying to organize a wedding for her mom who is not even engaged, we even made the dress and by made I mean taking a piece of old stained white cloth and gluing beads to it.






We have even built a scarecrow for no reason.

That is me holding my buttox. That is Tash feeling up the scarecrow
 Tash is my special friend. She is the only person I know who will be reversing and hit a pole with the front of her car or will eat chips during a game of hide and seek, she lost you see cause in order to find her all you had to do is follow the sound of the packet rustling and the crunchy chewing.

Coming out of the closet is fun.

I have more tales of my dear special friend but for now I must bid you adieu.

1 comment:

  1. How do you each bake something at the same time in the same kitchen? How many ovens do you have? I hate baking even though my name is obviously Cake. I like the decorating part. I always beg my mom to do the baking.

    ReplyDelete